Kansas City Float Therapy & Sensory Deprivation Tanks
THE BENEFITS OF FLOAT THERAPY
Flotation therapy is a unique treatment using sensory deprivation.
At Salinity, our Overland Park float therapy room is approximately 6’W x 9’H x 9’L and incorporates a celestial ceiling that creates the illusion of a star-lit night to enable you to truly “float among the stars”.
Our Kansas City Flotation therapy provides an immediate effect on pain relief, the elimination of stress and also promotes ‘whole-brain’ thinking. Many athletes, writers and artists have experienced enormous benefits from float therapy utilizing sensory deprivation tanks.
Floatation therapy applications for sports people and athletes
- Deep muscular relaxation
- Accelerates healing of injuries
- Enhances performance using visualization
Floatation therapy benefits for business people
- Complete physical & mental de-stressing
- Deep muscular relaxation
- Rejuvenates energy levels
- Enhanced creativity and focus
Floatation therapy for students
- Stimulates creativity and focus
- Promotes clarity of thought process
- Aids accelerated learning
- Stress reduction and energy boost
Float therapy through our sensory deprivation tanks in Kansas City and Overland Park produces many mental and physical benefits including:
The feeling of weightlessness produced by the buoyancy eliminates the body’s pressure points relieving muscle tension that in many cases is responsible for chronic back and neck pain, headaches and stress. The water combined with the Epsom Salt give the body complete support allowing tense muscles to slowly relax and slowly alleviate muscle pain.
Pain relief – While floating the body reaches a state of deep relaxation that otherwise can only be reached when sleeping. During this deep relaxation the electrical activity of the brain drops ‘from about 20 – 25 HZ to 4 – 8 HZ, the brain goes into a wave pattern known as the Theta State and ‘the body releases Endorphins: the body’s “Natural Painkillers”. After the Float session the body will continue releasing Endorphins so the beneficial effects will last for several days.
Muscle pain due to overworked muscles, as in the case of athletes, will find a much faster pain relief since production of Endorphins will greatly reduce the levels of lactic acid in the blood stream.
Floating also helps reducing pain produced by inflammation, strains, sprains, bruises, muscle soreness, and exercise.
Stress Relief – The deep relaxation achieved while floating enables the brain to reach the Theta State. In this state, the body releases endorphins that remove Cortisol “the Stress Hormone”, Adrenaline, ACTH and Lactate from the blood stream. The result of increased Endorphins in the blood stream is lower stress and reduced pain, fatigue and muscle tension. As a final benefit, these feelings remain with you for several days.
Other benefits of
- Improved Sleep/Reduced Insomnia
- Alleviate Pregnancy Discomfort
- Relief from Arthritis Pain and Inflammation
- Enhanced Athletic Performance
- Quicker Recovery from Athletic Injuries & Muscle Strains
- Immune System Boost
Articles & Resources Around Float Therapy and Sensory Deprivation Tanks
- Floating in a Pitch-Black Tank of Saltwater Is As Relaxing As It Sounds
- 4 things you didn’t know about float therapy
- How do some NFL players relax before games? They float